Adaptil DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone) products release synthetic pheromones into the local environment, helping to calm and comfort your dog. Adaptil can help comfort dogs during car travel, help promote learning during training classes, help adult dogs and puppies settle in new homes, or help reduce stress-related behaviours in response to challenging situations such as fireworks, Christmas or a new baby.
The Adaptil Collar is an easy to use product which is ideal for puppy socialisation, travel, kennels and training. The dog’s body temperature warms the collar and encourages the diffusion of pheromones into the local environment. It is vital the Adaptil Collar is in close contact with the dog’s skin at all times. Each collar lasts 4 weeks and can be replaced as required.
The Adaptil Collar comes in two sizes:
- puppy/small dogs (fits neck up to 37.5cm)
- medium/large dogs (fits neck up to 62.5cm)
Fitting an Adaptil Collar
- Pass the loop through the end
- Pass the loop over the head
- Adjust to fit snugly and trim excess if necessary
- Check the collar at regular intervals – it must remain snug against the dog’s neck